The Lake, The Ruined Temple and The Swan’s House

Romantic visions between water and architecture

Fed by the canal that links it to the Bath of Venus, the English Garden Lake is surrounded by luxuriant vegetation. A bed of water lilies surrounds two islets. On the main one is the Tempio Diruto (Ruined Temple). Also called “Tempiotto”, it’s a building of ancient inspiration with a pronaos deliberately in ruins. The architecture is decorated with Corinthian capitals and column drums of archaeological origin, giving it a romantic taste. The temple’s construction begun in 1793 but was only completed in 1798. The second islet hosts the Swan’s House: a small pavilion with a semi-spherical dome built around 1840.

Esplora la mappa cliccando sui pin
Beyond the Royal Palace
This site is registered on as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.