The Aperia

From honey production to concerts under Flora’s protection

In 1805 the area that Luigi Vanvitelli had designated as a water collection basin was used for the breeding of bees and honey production. In 1826, with the construction of the current neoclassical hemicycle, the Aperia was transformed into a greenhouse. Today, during the summer season, it hosts a rich series of concerts and shows. Located in the central niche, a female statue of archaeological origin in polychrome marble, called Flora, welcomes the visitors. The statue comes from the Farnese Collections however it is a Roman copy of a Greek original, probably integrated by the Caserta sculptor Angelo Solari, at the beginning of the nineteenth century.

Esplora la mappa cliccando sui pin
Beyond the Royal Palace
This site is registered on as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.